Many of the women and children served at Safe Harbor have faced unthinkable tragedies, abuse, and often find themselves in a deep place of darkness and hopelessness when first reaching out for help. The services provided through our multiple programs require committed volunteers who first love God and want to make a difference in the lives of others as we share Jesus and the hope only HE can bring! There are multiple areas of need at Safe Harbor. We offer opportunities with varied time commitments and skill sets.
For more information please contact Volunteer and Community Outreach Coordinator, Christie Clary.
Please call 704-477-6621 or email email@example.com
Current Volunteer Needs:
- Thrive Recovery Community Center Volunteer – The Chloe Waldrop Taylor Renewal Center will host Thrive Recovery Community Outreach and Programming. THRIVE will be opened to the public from 4pm to 8pm on weekday evenings to promote a safe environment for persons seeking community, classes & education, counsel, support and encouragement to overcome their addictions and strong holds. Some volunteer opportunities will include: Safety and Security Team, Recovery Coaching and Stephen Ministry Counselors, Family Recovery Education facilitators, Peer Group facilitators, Maintenance/Setup, Greeter and Help Desk assistance, Food providers and servers, Activity Night Coordinators. The Chloe Waldrop Taylor Renewal Center will be opening late Spring 2019.
- Community Outreach Volunteer – To represent Safe Harbor and be a direct influence to all whom you meet and interact with. Community Outreach volunteers will have the opportunity to share the ministry components and needs of Safe Harbor at community awareness events and within your own social network. The purpose of an Outreach volunteer is to help the development team raise awareness of Safe Harbor by attending events on behalf of Safe Harbor.
- MINnows: Early Childhood Program 0-4 yrs. – MINnows is currently looking for volunteers to help with childcare, M-F, 8am to 12 noon. We need volunteer assistance for both the Infant Class and the Toddler/Small Children’s Class. We are asking these volunteers to commit to one day per week, same day and time. This role requires a person who loves children and wants to give them their time, attention, and nurturing.
- New Day “On-Call” Driver – This volunteer will be “On-Call” to drive New Day clients to appointments, job interviews, classes, etc. Volunteers will be notified of need by NDP staff member. 24 hour notice will be given. Hours may vary depending on need. This volunteer will also serve as a “Fill-In” in NDP for regular Volunteer Assistance when a fill-in may be needed.
- ReSource Warehouse and Gallery – Adult men and women, including students. Ages 15+ At Resource you will work alongside the women of our Thrive Whole Woman Recovery Program. Some tasks include customer service, donation intake, warehouse organization, sorting and cleaning donated items, sales floor, register, gallery and front desk help.
- ReSource Warehouse – NEEDED: MEN and MALE STUDENTS for donation pick up, loading and unloading, moving furniture. Handyman skills needed. *These individuals will be placed on an “on call” email list. An email request will be sent when the need arises.
- The Bridge – The Bridge is looking for individuals interested in serving with our Summer Outreach Event. An outreach event will be held each one Saturday of each Summer month. VBS-like event. Games, crafts, cook out, etc.
- Volunteer and Community Outreach Assistant – Assist Volunteer & Community Outreach Coordinator in daily tasks. i.e. Volunteer HR work, prescreening of potential new volunteer applicants, data entry, editing, email confirmations for meetings and events, follow up calls. Will have opportunities to attend church or community awareness events. Must display good people, communication, computer, and organizational skills. This volunteer will connect the needs of SH to our community. Come ready to have fun and connect!